Meine erste Woche in Deutschland!

Meine erste Woche in Deutschland - My first week in Germany !!! Well, a blog finally, after many months!!! Before I start with this, a big thanks to all my dearest friends who gave me a wonderful farewell along with the sweetest of gifts that I have ever got till now..! Left India with a heavy heart - leaving a wonderful family behind, who had sacrificed so much for me - leaving a handsome job with ever-supportive colleagues and roommates at Trivandrum - leaving some great friends back there who have been behind me throughout - but, with all hopes of exploring a new world... Deutschland...!! Came via London Heathrow and reached Stuttgart-the cradle of automobiles on 30th evening..! Man, it is really a different world here!! Of course, nothing can be compared to Mother India, but, a total difference to what we could find there..! A first experience with the Underground trains, it was wonderful to watch the train speeding through the different parts of the city!! Coming from a place where punctuality is slowly becoming a thing of the past, we would naturally tend to be surprised with the timings kept by anything and everything in this part of the world! Saw the bus timing chart to find that the bus will arrive at 8.28 am and was waiting on the first day looking at my watch. At exactly 8.28 am, the bus was there in our stop!! This is something I have been witnessing almost everyday since I arrived here!!
A wonderful apartment to live in, with such a multi-cultural and multi-dimensional environment around - and I could ask for nothing more, after all I wanted was to test myself in a totally alien culture!! Seeing myself in a German language class with so many Chinese, Italians, Spanish, Finnish, Japanese along with our own bunch of Indian students, I just feel myself lucky, just because of the magnitude of things that I can learn about life by being and interacting with all of them...! One thing I really miss, is the lively nature of my hometown, with my own family and friends - whose equivalent may come here slowly as time progresses. Whatever happens, the rich cultural strength of India still stands tall amidst all the aforesaid glorifications- very much evident from the little unwanted instances that I see here...!!! I miss u India - miss my sweet family and friends!!! Hoping to have a lively time at Deutschland :-) Best wishes, friends :-) Take care...

Comments

priya said…
good blog.. bt yeah...germany will deteriate your english!!honesty speaking, u shud work on ur writing skills! u cudn bring out the emotion in words right!
sorry not intending to be negative but yeah it ll become ur strength with some more efforts!
Sreedhar said…
Yep..Thanx a lot :) Wl try to get better next time around...
Vinod said…
Great to read ur blog. Nicely written. Hope everythin will fall in place 4 u as planned n expected. Keep in touch & all the best.
Doc, looks like you are having an awesome time there. Keep doing the good stuff, you normally do...

Good luck, Doc!
Vishnu
Vasisht said…
Sreedhar Amrita, EEE HoD,
Nice to hear.. Keep going !!!
All the best!!!

Cheers,
Vasisht
sunnie said…
Es war wunderbar, um über Ihre Gegenwart in einem Land, das 4 Stunden vorbei, um mich wach zu kennen. Alles Gute.

Hope you do well as much as my German does or way more than that

Popular Posts