Life after 23-03-2009... New friendzzz -- New lessons !!!

Tata Elxsi Limited – the company where I got placed in July 2007 was supposed to give me a joining date in June 2008 – but because of issues out of our hand (the term ‘recession’ comes to our minds immediately.. :-P) everything got delayed, giving more chances for everyone around me to blame – that I chose the wrong company – that I am not fit to join any company – that I never tried attempting to any other company – that I never cared about my family – so on and so forth...
After 9 months of non-stop irritation, I got my joining date finally, and was asked to join on March 23rd 2009, giving me a breeze of freshness in my mind – after all, I too am a human being... How long can I be patient? Already missing my college and friends badly, I was longing to make new friends after joining the company – learn new things. Anybody who joins a company for a job learns a lot of things about the job and more about life – about handling colleagues – friends – managers etc., I was no exception. It has been 8 long months since I joined, as I am writing this blog, sitting at my room in Trivandrum (How I went to Trivandrum is another small twist which doesn’t have that much of relevance, anyways... ;-)) I learnt a lot of things in this duration. Of course, the corporate learning + training + work-related stuff comes along with that, but along with it came some ultra-valuable lessons for life:
* How to choose friends?
* How intimate can one be with friends?
* How much can someone believe someone?
You may wonder – why this guy’s so obsessed with writing about friends in his blog and may ponder whether so much of room for friends is important or what? I personally feel that Friends are very important in anybody’s life and so, choosing friends with utmost care can give anybody huge satisfaction. After all, everyone who steps out of his/her home after school or college lives with their friends for most of the time. It happens innumerable times when friends know more about an individual than the parents themselves, and so, choosing and maintaining good friendship becomes a very significant phase in any person’s life – or so it became in my life. Too much of philosophy? Lets get back to my own story (a little less boring, may be...)
I got so many friends after joining at Bangalore! Friends with different approach to life – people with a jolly-go attitude – people who can sacrifice anything to treasure our friendship – people who make friendship just because they see you everyday – people who act as if they are really close but in reality, they aren’t – people who really want to keep you happy all the time at their cost – people who are ready to share their feelings and listen to ours so that a mutual comfort zone is created – and lots more... I don’t know if everybody thinks so much about friends, but I do... That’s the reason I am writing this!!! I care a lot for my friends!!! I had my own circle of friends there, with whom I used to spend time at the company, attending the so-called training classes, performing mini-projects, chatting and making fun of each other, exchanging comforting words whenever a depression zone occurs, and so on... I was really lucky that I got so good friends with whom I can share anything under the sky – friends who would be by my side whenever I passed through a bad phase – friends who would treasure my friendship!! But, was I really lucky??
These days, I keep asking these questions to myself and to those few intimate friends who have been by my side even now, listening to all my silly pranks. I became too close to a few friends, and was under the misconception that roaming around in groups to places, mere sharing of all secrets, confession about their mistakes to us and many such facts means they have accepted us as their close friends. Possibly, the word EXPECTATION comes into our mind... I expected too much from their friendship towards me, but I was wrong! After all, not everyone is the same!!! I realised that there are people who use true friendship as a TOOL for their purposes – people who never respect the divine feel of friendship – people who do not know the true meaning of friendship – people who are unaware of how to treasure friendship... Those few days in my life were terrible moments when I made the mistake of expecting too much from friends and getting nothing finally, thereby troubling myself and no one else. There have been moments when I have cried to my mother about the same thing! But, I was really lucky in having those few intimate friends who still stand by me, who really know what I am, who understood my plight in those poignant moments and stood by me. Though all those I mentioned above troubled me, I am happy that it happened to me once. It was because of those few friends that I learnt some valuable lessons in life, some of them being – “Don’t ever get too close with anyone... it can hurt you very badly later...”, “However close you are with a boy/girl, be within your limits...”(Dil Chahta Hai concept :-P), “Make good friendship with your parent – mother or father – that is the only relationship with zero expectations...”. The most important lesson being – “Don’t expect ANYTHING from ANYONE”
So, to all those who read this till now, you may have not felt anything of the above feel – I assure you that there are worser things in life even after getting good friends.. For the few people who understand whatever stupid stuff I’ve written here, you would’ve realised that someone/something in you must be pondering something similar to whatever I’ve written here!
Thanks for spending your valuable time... J Thanks-a-ton if you enjoyed for even a moment. Do leave a comment hereunder, whatever you feel.. ;-)

Comments

sharan said…
Happy to see the facts written. :) Damn good snaps .

Cool. keep writing ....


-Sharanya
Unknown said…
awesome write up n very true :)
Doc, good to see you blogging... Keep posting more often
vass said…
dai i am really happy to see that u are using the company resources very potentially lik writing blog sitting @ office....anyways...i glad tht u have written some thing postive abt our company da........
Sreedhar said…
@ Sharan, Vids, Vishnu - Thanks a ton, if u really liked it.. :-)

@ Vass - for ur info, I didn't write this at office - I wrote this when I was at home..! :-P

Popular Posts